textoverlay stability issue

Peter Biro pettair at gmail.com
Wed May 12 11:12:41 UTC 2021

Hi Tim,

Thanks! Such thing would would be great way to debug. Is there any environment variable which I can use to configure this ring buffer logs?

I mean I can set this ringbuffer up with gst_debug_remove_log_function(NULL) and gst_debug_add_ring_buffer_logger but we were not able to detect the problem from within the application so far. We only notice that the CPU load drops and the stream is stopped and as I guess I should call the gst_debug_ring_buffer_logger_get_logs from within the application and I dont really have a trigger point.

I tried to add a callback on the pipeline to print status messages / state changes with:

     bus = gst_element_get_bus (pipeline);
     gst_bus_add_signal_watch (bus);
     g_signal_connect (bus, "message", G_CALLBACK (cb_message), pipeline);

and then:

static void
cb_message (GstBus * bus, GstMessage * msg, GstElement* pipeline)
{
  INFO("bus message: " + std::string(gst_message_type_get_name(GST_MESSAGE_TYPE (msg))));
}

But this is remain silent as well.

So is there a way to configure this behaviour / trigger the log  flushing externally? Or setup a log rotation? (all I saw so far is the GST_DEBUG_FILE)

Thanks!

Bests,
Peter