Pipeline stalling for no apparent reason?

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Wed May 26 14:51:56 UTC 2021

A brief update: I've been playing around with gst-debugger, which is awesome,
and discovered that the issue is apparently related to caps negotiation: on the
newly-added branches, some of parts of the pipeline have caps set to NULL.

I've partly fixed my issue by just handling the linking of mixers etc. in a
timer function that's triggered with a short delay after all decoder pads have
been added, but I still have the same problem with 3 or more clients now.

Is there a way to wait for caps negotiation to complete before adding new parts
to the pipeline, or can I force a renegotiation somehow for the elements that
still have NULL caps?

Best, Florian