Problem using audiofx in a live/webrtc context

silently gdenispro at gmail.com
Thu May 27 07:53:14 UTC 2021

More broadly I am trying to create a simple audio effect plugin. I've
adapted/cut the source code from audioinvert (in audiofx) to have this
minimal plugin (passthrough/identity):

https://gist.github.com/silently/c3821dcf7b65767538378b445d0346e5

(and later my goal is to process the signal in its  transform function
<https://gist.github.com/silently/c3821dcf7b65767538378b445d0346e5#file-passthrough-c-L161>
)

This plugin works in offline/file-to-file mode, but on a live stream all
kind of time related issues appear: silences, time warping... (and when I
use audiofx plugins similar issues happen in the pipeline described in the

Would anyone have hints on what is missing in this plugin or in the pipeline
using it?

Many thanks, Guillaume