Removing elements

Anthony Williams anthony at engineeredarts.co.uk
Fri May 28 09:28:31 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have a gstreamer pipeline that mixes streams from various sources.
What's the best way to remove elements when they are no longer required,
without destroying and rebuilding the whole stream?

At the moment, I'm removing the elements from the pipeline, setting
their state to GST_STATE_NULL, and unlinking the final element from the
mixer. However, this is unreliable, and sometimes leads to a hang.

Can anyone point to some example code that shows how to do this reliably?

Thanks,

Anthony