Best protocol to send ad playback video to browse and change runtime playback settings

marc lievens mark.lievens at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 07:30:23 UTC 2021

Hi,

What is the best video and communication protocol that I can use to
playback and send video to a  browser

Currently I already played with qtmux, vp8, vp9, rtmp,via multisocketsink,
udpsink, rtp to send and play the the video in  the browser.
But I can't seem to figure out which is the best approach to use.
Depending of the protocol and runtime changes, some of them work better the
the other ones.

It should be possible to change runtime on vod :
- play forward/reverse with different rate
- jump forward and step through the video
- hardware decode/encode  video
- pause/play video

As far as I can see now I prefer to use the multisocketsink. since
recovery, sync mode and other parameters can be set.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
marc