gst_element_set_state blocks when setting GST_STATE_NULL when using vaapisink and QWidget

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 14:25:02 UTC 2021

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 6:10 PM Viljar Hera <viljar.hera at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well because I need vaapi for hw acclerated decoding (vaapih264dec & vaapih265dec)

Vaapi can be transferred zerocopy to GL memory, so you do not need to
use a vaapi sink to do hw accelerated rendering of hw decoded buffers.

> and the project does not use qml at all.
>
> Actually I have not tested qmlglsink before. My distro (arch linux) doesn't even provide the package. So I'm not sure how well it integrates with regular QWidgets.

You can always render to glimagesink and render to a GL surface with
Qt. There are examples for this:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/-/tree/main/subprojects/gst-plugins-base/tests/examples/gl/qt

Cheers,
Nirbheek