Best protocol to send ad playback video to browse and change runtime playback settings

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 05:56:52 UTC 2021

The RTC in WebRTC stands for "real time communication". The protocol and
browser APIs are not designed for VOD playback. You can use it as a
transport protocol, but then you'll need to use custom signalling for
playback controls and do them on the server.

If you want to do what youtube does, you should use the HTML5 APIs:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/JavaScript/Client-side_web_APIs/Video_and_audio_APIs

There's nothing gstreamer-related here except maybe while generating the
media files.

Cheers,
Nirbheek