gst_element_set_state blocks when setting GST_STATE_NULL when using vaapisink and QWidget

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 12:28:04 UTC 2021

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 3:54 PM Viljar Hera <viljar.hera at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you both for your suggestions.
>
> I have now tried using glimagesink ("overlay" use case as before), however but its seems to have the same problem as vaapisink. The same deadlock on teardown.
> This happens on Intel hw as well when I tried the test code on a skylake laptop.
>
> Am I missing something here....?

Do you get the same deadlock when you run the example code I linked earlier?

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/-/tree/main/subprojects/gst-plugins-base/tests/examples/gl/qt

If you get a deadlock with this too, it's a bug somewhere in your
graphics stack.

If you don't get a deadlock with the example code, then I'd recommend
changing the example step by step to match what your code does and see
at what stage (if any) you get a deadlock. You might be doing
something wrong or you might've found a bug somewhere (in gstreamer or
in the graphics stack).

Cheers,
Nirbheek