Could TLS certification be set to gst-rtsp-server without setting basic/digest authentication?

Bruce Liang Bruce.Liang at abilitycorp.com.tw
Tue Nov 16 11:19:13 UTC 2021

Hi,

        I want to create a rtsps server(using tls connection) without authentication,
        so I modified test-video.c in gst-rtsp-server/examples/.

        I simply remove lines to add basic auth to server and permission to factory in test-video.c.

        And applying the following command to test server:
        gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=rtsps://127.0.0.1:8554/test protocols=tcp tls-validation-flags=generic-error ! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! autovideosink

        But I got the following log :
        ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0: Unauthorized
        Additional debug info:
        ../gst/rtsp/gstrtspsrc.c(6652): gst_rtspsrc_send (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0:
        Unauthorized (401)

        The 401 Unauthorized response code is returned.
        It seems that if the GstRTSPAuth object is set to server(in order to set GTlsCertificate), the authentication will become necessary.

        Could tls connection can be enabled in gst-rtsp-server without setting basic/digest authentication?

Best regards,
Bruce

*** Confidentiality Note *** This e-mail message and any accompanying documents are for sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.