plugin to add meta data right after capture

tom tomschuring at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 01:44:03 UTC 2021

Hello,

I'm trying to add custom metadata to my pipeline as early as possible so it
matches the capture video frame as closely as possible. (so i can add GPS
location, speed, direction)

>From what i've read creating a plugin that has gstbasetransform (
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/base/gstbasetransform.html?gi-language=c)
would be the best match.

Is this correct ? Or is gstbasetransform for modifying metadata only , not
adding new metadata ?
If so, which base class should I look at , and which function
pointer/callback would be the best to add new metadata ? (
copy_metadata , transform_meta,
prepare_output_buffer....)
kind regards
tom