[python] check if state is playing

Michael Gruner michael.gruner at ridgerun.com
Sun Nov 28 20:51:49 UTC 2021

Hey Pablo

Python will return the current and pending states along with the return in a tuple as the following:

(ret, state, pending) = pipeline.get_state()

Then you can compare as usual:

if state == gst.STATE_PLAYING:
  pass

You can pass in a timeout to the state query as in pipeline.get_state(timeout=gst.SECOND).

Michael