GES 1.18.4, seeing CPU starvation (but not in 1.16.3)
ding at panopto.com
Tue Oct 5 19:30:29 UTC 2021
Basically I have a GstPipeline which contains a GESTimeline and then some
third party encoders/muxers.
*The problem is:*
When the pipeline runs under Gstreamer 1.16.3, I typically reach 100% CPU
usage (which is what I want). But under Gstreamer 1.18.4, it is more like
40% CPU usage (and the job takes longer).
I observed the problems on both platforms that I checked.
- Windows MSVC
- Fedora (via gst-build)
I have some files on a gfolder here
illustrate the problem.
- *cpu_under_utilization.png* shows CPU usage over time:
- The first bump is the pipeline running under Gstreamer 1.16.3
- The next bump is the pipeline running under Gstreamer 1.18.4
- *playing_1.16.3.svg* shows the pipeline on 1.16.3
- *playing_1.18.4.svg* shows the pipeline on 1.18.4 (it looks the
*My questions are*:
1. Does anyone know of some changes (perhaps related to threading) that
might be causing this issue?
2. What is a good way to diagnose this problem?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the gstreamer-devel