Announcement: Feature freeze coming up!

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Oct 8 15:35:07 UTC 2021

Hi,

Just a quick note that we will be freezing git main for new features on
Monday 18 October (2021) end of day UTC.

This is in order to let things settle down and focus our attention on
stabilising, bug-fixing and sorting out blocker bugs for the 1.20
release.

It will probably still be okay to add a little new property here or a
small piece of library API there, but new plugins, elements, libraries,
or components should really wait for the next cycle once we're feature
frozen. Same for any other intrusive changes or major refactorings.

During the feature freeze any new features should be signed off by your
friendly release managers.

If there's anything you feel should really go into 1.20, please bring
it up on IRC and/or add a comment in gitlab.

Cheers
 Tim