auto detection in gst-launch

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 05:11:04 UTC 2021

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 2:30 AM Marc via gstreamer-devel
<gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> wrote:

> Now I have this in my pipe line 'demux.video_0_0041 ! h264parse ! queue ! hlssink.video ' is there some auto detection possible that just parses the h264 stream if it is there?

You generally do not need to manually add h264parse unless you want to
transform the h264 stream from one type to another, or something like
that.

For automatic demuxing / parsing, you want parsebin. It will
automatically plug in demuxers and parsers. You can then subscribe to
pad-added on it and plug in the rest of the pipeline based on what you
get.

Cheers,
Nirbheek