Configuring buffer length

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Oct 15 12:51:23 UTC 2021

Le vendredi 15 octobre 2021 à 10:08 +0100, Matthew Walker via gstreamer-devel a
écrit :
> Hi Everyone,
>

> I have worked with Gstreamer in the past but I am still quite inexperienced.
>
> I am working on a QUIC serversink element and I want to be able to send small chunks of video data across different QUIC streams on the same connection.
>
> Is there an element that I could place upstream in the pipeline that could push buffers with roughly equal duration (E.g. 1 second) to my sink element?

For raw audio data, I'd aim at audiobuffersplit, for random access data, I'd
suggest "chopmydata" with equal min/max. Please run and read output of gst-
inspect-1.0 over these element for further details, documentation is also
available on our website.