out of memory using v4l2codecs on sunxi

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 11:53:57 UTC 2021

Dear Devs,

I have spent the last few days working with the gstreamer master that
supports v4l2codecs to decode frames on VPU.
It runs on an Allwinner A64 CPU wirk kernel 5.14. Brilliant work so
far and I thank you for it!
To test I compiled a small c utility that recreates a pipeline every
10s with alternating files.
This runs well for several loops, then crashes with error message LINK.
Code is based on playback-tutorial1.c, it uses playbin3 however.
Either I have to handle the freeing of the pipeline differently (i had
that checked by 3 people) or
there is a bug in gstreamer that prevents the correct freeing of the pipeline?

Additionally I was trying to test endless loops with the EOS signal
and seeking. That works well, but after 1000000 frames i get an error
as well.
Seems v4l2codes has a hard coded limit for the length of a stream.

I am on master branch commit 48474d3cf77f91702cc2219ea17ceed881c372ae

Would be great if you could help me or point me in the right direction

Test code can be found here: https://pastebin.com/e9jx5m69
Error logs here: https://pastebin.com/FiK4yGXm and also
https://pastebin.com/SxWs7B9v

Many thanks and BR,