splitmuxsink save as mp4 not mkv

Dwight Kulkarni dwight at realtime-7.com
Mon Oct 25 18:37:43 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I am using splitmuxsink as follows:

splitmuxsink name=filesink location=video%02d.mkv max-size-time-10000000000
muxer-properties="properties,streamable=true"

This is saving the file as .mkv.  I want to save the file as .mp4.

In other examples, they just set the file extension to .mp4, there doesn't
seem to be a specific place where the video format is specified.

If I want to save the file as .mp4, should I just change the extension of
the filename or do I need to specify the format explicitly somewhere ?

--
Sincerely,

Dwight Kulkarni