Is there proper way to stream multiple rtsp sources in one pipeline?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Thu Sep 2 09:31:57 UTC 2021

On Thu, 2021-09-02 at 17:00 +0900, 이병헌 via gstreamer-devel wrote:

Hi,

> My question is same as subject
>
> Is there proper way or element to stream multiple rtsp sources in
> only one pipeline?
> I don’t need muxing sources into one buffer
> I need element like a task queue for buffers from multiple rtsp
> sources
>
> I tried find some element in gstreamer document, but I failed to
> find…
>
> My pipeline blueprint like as below
> (snip diagram)

What is the behaviour you want here?

Do you want to switch between the different rtspsrc on the fly? In
which case perhaps you're looking for an input-selector element?

Do you want to save all three streams into the mp4 file? That should be
possible, but you don't need any special element in the middle then,
just three request pads on mp4mux.

You probably want separate rtph265depay ! h265parse for each rtspsrc
though (unless you're switching inputs and know the formats are the
same, then you *might* get away with switching before a depayloader).

Cheers
 Tim