Non zero segment-start for mp4 video

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Sep 3 01:19:32 UTC 2021

Le jeu. 2 sept. 2021 16 h 45, Hayk Avetisyan via gstreamer-devel <
gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> a écrit :

> Just one note. You can use this more simple pipeline:
> *gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin
> uri=https://www.freedesktop.org/software/gstreamer-sdk/data/media/sintel_trailer-480p.webm
> <https://www.freedesktop.org/software/gstreamer-sdk/data/media/sintel_trailer-480p.webm>
> ! x264enc ! mp4mux ! filesink location=sintel_trailer.mp4*

With default configuration, x264enc will introduce a shift that would lead
to negative DTS. As DTS are unsigned in GStreamer, we workaround by
shifting forward the timestamp, and then offsetting back using the
GstSegment.

If this is your case, this isn't a bug and should not cause any issue, as
you will use running time in your muxer.