adding datetime stamp to location

Dwight Kulkarni dwight at realtime-7.com
Wed Sep 8 14:35:28 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I am trying to get my pipeline to add a datetime stamp to the location, as
opposed to the numeric value.

Previously I was using:  splitmuxsink location=video%02d.mkv

This is creating multiple files with video00.mkv etc. names.

Now I tried using: splitmuxsink location=video$(date +%s).mkv

This is creating only a single file with timestamp and appears to overwrite
the previous files.

1) I see some examples where a callback is used. Should I use a callback or
is there another way ?

2) If I use callback, I have GstMediaFactory object where I assign the
pipeline with:  gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_launch

I can't seem to find how to access the pipeline element in GstMediaFactory
object.

I want to do something like this code:

static gchararray
format_location_callback (GstElement * splitmux,
                          guint fragment_id,
                          gpointer udata)
{
  static int i =0;
  gchararray myarray = g_strdup_printf("myvid%d.mp4", i);
  i += 1;

  return myarray;
}

g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (bin->sink), "format-location",
          G_CALLBACK (format_location_callback), bin);

Any help is appreciated. Thanks !

--
Sincerely,

Dwight Kulkarni