splitmuxsink peggs cpu core when async-handling=true

Alan dartagnan64b at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 15:52:42 UTC 2021

Hello,

I have a pipeline tee branch that uses ... ! queue ! valve ! splitmuxsink.
My requirement is that this branch should only have data flow on an event.
So the pipeline starts, doesn't pre-roll since data is dropped by the valve
element.  If I set async-handling=true on splitmuxsink data flows in other
branches (and is blocked in the valve branch as expected); however, the CPU
is pegged.

Should this be filed as a bug for splitmuxsink?

Is there another way to not have a branch to pre-roll (I do need the queue
to pre-buffer so I can't just dynamically add/remove the branch)?

Thank you very much