SRT stalling/errors

Marc Marc at f1-outsourcing.eu
Mon Sep 13 08:30:54 UTC 2021

> And I can only get the client to work if I use my specific IP on the uri
> as well. Things like localhost, 127.0.0.1, 0.0.0.0, don't work there,
> only the real IP.

this srt://:33333, acts here the same as 0.0.0.0. It binds on all ip addresses. My docker container is getting this way multiple ip address of the host. One of them is a public ip, from which I can play the stream with vlc.

> And I find it a shame that I can't play it in VLC, my version at least
> doesn't seem to support it:
>
> vlc --list | grep srt
> VLC media player 3.0.16 Vetinari (revision 3.0.13-8-g41878ff4f2)

I have also vlc 3.0.16 (win10) and it is just playing fine. I think all 3 are supporting srt. Maybe it only works on linux when you install srt-libs and/or libsrtp?