gstreamer for Qualcomm omx

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Sep 14 15:30:33 UTC 2021

Le lundi 13 septembre 2021 à 06:32 +0000, 杨 立明 via gstreamer-devel a écrit :
> Hi,all :
>
>          I want to use gstreamer and gst-omx in the qualcomm chip,but  i  do
> not find the omx il  in the android source code.I think the omx il is under
> the hidl .so what should i do? Should i  add omx il in the source code above
> the qualcomm code?Thank you!

I believe on most recent Qualcomm tree, the linux kernel side uses standard V4L2
drivers that works mostly fine with the video4linux2 plugin.

OMX layer in Android is highly customized, so if you still want to use that,
remember that you will have to program a new target into gst-omx, and also
provide the needed configuration file (or implement the android specific
component enumeration code).