webrtcbin data channel file descriptors leak.

Daniel Squires dan at engineeredarts.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 11:52:01 UTC 2021

Apologies to those of you have may have already seen my queries re this
but I am having a problem solving file descriptor leaks when using
webrtcbin.
Without any datachannel in a given session it seems to leak 2 unix
sockets and 1 event fd per session.

When a data channel is opened in a session it will then leak a whole
load of sockets.

I am using the latest (as of today) for libnice, and all the gstreamer
repos (gstreamer, base, good, bad, ugly)

I have seen some suggestions re working around file descriptor leaks for
the case where a pipeline is being re-used but in my case I am using a
new pipepline per session. I tried the example given in the below link
anyway just in case but it does not seem to help.

At the following link on the gitlab issue tracker I have posted both the
output of lsof showing some of the sockets being leaked and also a link
an a modified version of webrtc-unidirectional-h264.c where I have had a
go at adding a data channel. The data channel itself seems to work  and
reproduces the bug but setting it up currently breaks the existing audio
and video streams.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/-/issues/1636

Thanks in advance.

--