Mix of IDLE and BLOCK pad probes

Maurice Ackel maurice.ackel at students.uni-mannheim.de
Fri Sep 17 21:23:48 UTC 2021

Hi folks,

TL;DR: Is there any way to block a pad w/o waiting for data/events and unblock it only when actively triggered?

If I understand the documentation and the GstPad code correctly, there are 2 types of blocking probes:

IDLE probes will wait until there is no more activity on the pad, then block the pad, execute the callback and instantly unblock the pad afterwards
BLOCK probes will wait for incoming data/events/…, then block the pad and only unblock it if we return GST_PAD_PROBE_REMOVE in the callback or if we explicitly remove the probe

However, my use-case requires me to block the pad whenever it is in the idle state and only unblock it once I explicitly remove the blocking probe. Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks
Maurice