Profile set to high but output shows baseline

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Sep 23 12:59:17 UTC 2021

Le jeudi 23 septembre 2021 à 15:21 +0530, Sapna kumari via gstreamer-devel a
écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to set profile for H264 from baseline to high. I have used below
> rtsp  server pipeline:
>
> appsrc ! amcvidenc-omxexynosavcencoder ! video/x-h264,profile=high ! h264parse
> ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96
>
> On client side :
> gst-launch-1.0.exe rtspsrc lication=rtsp://ip:port ! rtph264depay ! h264parse
> ! splitmuxsink .......and so on.
>
> In dot graph of client pipeline, I see profile as baseline in output caps of
> rtph264depay element.
>
> Can anyone guide me on what could be wrong with this?

I've looked at the code, media_codec.configure() is fail safe in Android,
returns void. But encoders seems not to set INFO_OUTPUT_FORMAT_CHANGED if the
format configure was altered. As a consequence, you HW driver (Exynos) which
likely does not support High profile, changed it back to baseline and GStreamer
didn't notice.

Perhaps you may try to force a call to getOutputFormat() after each set_format()
? Though, I'm pretty sure what you are asking from you Exynos encoder is not
possible.

regards,
Nicolas