rtsp server

James jam at tigger.ws
Sat Sep 25 06:13:22 UTC 2021

May I get help and advice please

I've got a system that has 1. . 4 cameras.
I've got a (compiled) pipeline that lets you preview the stream
I've got another pipeline that muxes audio, previews and records the stream

Each camera channel may be idle, preview with an A-pipeline or record with a B-pipeline

Now I want to make a network preview. Complicated by html-5 vs flash. But all works with VLC and gst_rtsp_server
(note to anybody struggling like me
gstreamer elements wont negotiate tcp connections, server does
test-readme.c works with vlc and is easy to get running:vlc rtsp://server:8554/test <rtsp://server:8554/test>)

So my questions are:

A server for each channel on a unique port ie 8554, 8555, ..
Or rtsp_server running multiple pipes

Can you control the pipline dynamically

EG
Chan-1 recording
Chan-2: idle-preview-record-preview-idle

during which time chan-1:recording is unaffected

AND why. Not to question your judgement but to see design decisions.
I'm very new at this, hence asking.
Thankyou
James