Pipeline Optimization

Matt Clark mclark4386 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 08:29:27 UTC 2022

I've gotten my project mostly to the stable point of working how I expect
it, however I can't help but feel that it's nowhere near optimal. I have
made it work and now I wish to make it right. Any insight be it pointers or
instructions would be appreciated, as this is my first service/application
using gstreamer and I'm still very green with it.
The basic explanation of the system is that it queries a variable number of
web endpoints for dynamically created pngs and then composes those together
into an HLS stream that's then used by a single client.
Here is a PNG of the pipeline graph (I'll also attach the raw SVG as well
in case you want to dig into it):
[image: debug_session.png]

TL;DR: Above is my pipeline, please help me make it the best it can be!
Thanks to any and all in advance!
-Matt