When should I send a starting seek?

amindfv at mailbox.org amindfv at mailbox.org
Tue Apr 19 20:26:24 UTC 2022

I've built a pipeline that looks something like this

uridecodebin -\
               >- filter - videoconvert - autovideosink
uridecodebin -/

(I can provide code if needed)

Which works well. My problem comes in, though, when I want to start the two uridecodebins at a certain point in their files (for example, starting 10 seconds in and running for 30 seconds).

I've been sending a segment seek event (to each uridecodebin) immediately after linking the uridecodebin video pad to the filter, but I get segfaults and other errors, e.g.:

gst_segment_clip: assertion 'segment->format == format' failed

and

gst_video_codec_frame_unref: assertion 'frame->ref_count > 0' failed

What's the correct way to construct a graph that begins partway into a decoded file?

Thanks!
Tom