When should I send a starting seek?

Marianna Smidth Buschle msb at qtec.com
Thu Apr 21 08:04:49 UTC 2022

Try increasing the debug level of 'qtdemux', so you can get more
information on the specific error.

Moreover since it works with 'gst-launch' but fails with a custom app
the problem is probably related to dynamic linking.
One simple option to work around it could be to use 'gst_parse_launch()'
inside your app and let it handle the linking.

Otherwise you can go back to 'uridecodebin' and do the SEEK by
pre-rolling first (I guess that just means waiting for the PAUSED state?).

The way I have always done my SEEKing is by waiting for the pipeline to
be into PLAYING and then sending a flushing SEEK to the pipeline object.
And I mostly use 'gst_parse_launch()' so I don't have to handle the
linking timings myself.

Moreover, some elements allow you to set the segment format which might
help you to get rid of the 'assertion 'segment->format == format'' error.
Or you can try changing the segment format on the SEEK event.

Best Regards

Marianna

--
Best regards / Med venlig hilsen