Step Events

Jon Lovewell jon at csoftware.co.uk
Fri Apr 29 07:31:43 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I am experimenting with Step Events and have encountered a strange issue.

I have 2 different matroska files, each containing H.264 video.  With one I can successfully step forwards and backwards one frame at a time but with the other behaves differently.

With the first file I can see the position change and also see durations > 0 when parsing the Step Done message when I step forwards and backwards.

With the second file, when stepping backwards the position doesn't change and duration is always 0 when parsing the Step Done Message.  When stepping forward I usually see the same as I do with the first file but when changing direction the duration may be 0 for a number of steps.

I am using GStreamer V1.20.1 and my pipeline is simply playbin provided with the uri for the file I wish to play.

When the step involves a change of direction, I do a seek first and then carry out the step on receipt of AsyncDone.

I would welcome any help, pointers or information on how to debug this.

Many thanks

Jon

PS

Does anyone know whether Gst Sharp is going to be updated from 1.18 to 1.20?