Gstreamer timestamps with start/stop recording

Marianna Smidth Buschle msb at qtec.com
Thu Aug 18 09:07:24 UTC 2022

Hi,

I completely agree with Nicolas on the recommendation to use de-coupled
pipelines for separating recording and display.
I have also worked on a similar project and the clock/time handling is a
nightmare when all is in the same pipeline.

However, instead of appsink/appsrc we have opted for using the RidgeRun
elements interpipesrc/sink, which will take care of some things for you
automatically (which might be desired or not ;P ).
At the time we had investigated several different decoupling elements:
intervideosrc/sink, proxysrc/sink, etc.
The one for RidgeRun was what fitted our requirements best.
But it isn't void of bugs either, we ended up in some corners cases some
times.

Best Regards

Marianna

On 17.08.2022 20.16, gstreamer-devel-request at lists.freedesktop.org wrote:
> On 17/08/2022 15:34, Nicolas Dufresne via gstreamer-devel wrote:
>> Hi Terry,
>>
>> Le mercredi 17 ao?t 2022 ? 14:07 +0100, Terry Barnaby via gstreamer-devel a
>> ?crit?:
>>> videotestsrc pattern=smpte !
>>> video/x-raw,width=640,height=480,framerate=5/1 ! c.sink_0
>>> appsrc name="appsrc" ! imagefreeze ! videoconvert ! c.sink_1
>>> t. ! queue ! glimagesink name=videoSink
>>> t. ! queue ! fakesink enable-last-sample=true name=picturestream"
>>> t. ! queue ! beamvalve name=recordValve drop=true ! vaapih264enc
>>> name=recordEncoder ! h264parse ! mp4mux fragment-duration=10 ! filesink

--
Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
“Marianna Smidth Buschle”