Advice needed on plugin state transitions

Philippe Rouquier bonfire-app at wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 29 18:28:50 UTC 2022

Thanks for your answer.

I discovered your plugin recently but, when I did, I had started my own
version for some time (though I had not published it) and tailored it
to my needs as a building block for my other project (an IBus input
method using this STT plugin).
I may be wrong but there is a difference with your plugin as mine does
not use a vosk server but the library itself (with the models, hence
the loading of large files I mentioned previously) and therefore does
not need any connection; it works purely offline.
At least that's what I understood after reading those links (but I may
be wrong again):
https://crates.io/crates/gst-plugin-vosk
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/rafaelcaricio/gst-plugins-rs/-/tree/add-vosk-transcriber-plugin/net/vosk

Another reason I kept going was that I don't know rust and that I could
not find the rust plugins packaged for my distribution (though I'd be
interested in some of them like the noise reduction, thanks to Reinis
who pointed out its existence to me).

Now, since I intend to add more backends to my IBus IM engine in the
future, your plugin could be an alternative to consider (as well as the
aws one).

Cheers,
Philippe Rouquier