Correlating video to Jpeg frame in appsink reliably

Dwight Kulkarni dwight at realtime-7.com
Tue Dec 6 20:03:20 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I am reposting this as my previous post didn't get any responses. Your help
is greatly appreciated.

I have a pipeline as follows:
videosrc  > Tee  > Tee 1:  Splitmuxsink  >  Tee 2: jpegenc > app sink

1) A splitmuxsink is saving the video files and I am maintaining a counter
of the current sequence used to name the file.
2) When I get a callback for format-location-full, I increment the sequence
counter
3) When I get a "new-sample", I associate the Jpeg frame with the current
counter to infer which video this frame is coming from.

The problem is that in some cases, the format-location-full call back
occurs a few seconds after the next video has started. So I get a
new-sample and it is associated with the previous video. But it actually is
present in the current video.

Are there any suggestions of how best to stay in synch with the current
video in splitmuxsink ?

--
Sincerely,

Dwight Kulkarni