fakesink captured image size

Scot Zarkiewicz scotzark at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:13:32 UTC 2022

Sorry for the limited info.  So I have an rtspsrc setup as:

rtsp://192.168.0.102:554 ! decodebin ! fakesink enable-last-sample=true
name=sink

I am using the following code to capture and convert the video frame:

capsOrig = gst_sample_get_caps(from_sample);
s = gst_caps_get_structure(capsOrig, 0);

gst_structure_get_int(s, "width", &width);
gst_structure_get_int(s, "height", &height);

caps = gst_caps_new_simple ("image/bmp",
                                     "pixel-aspect-ratio",
GST_TYPE_FRACTION, 4, 3,
                                     "width", G_TYPE_INT, 1440,
                                     "height", G_TYPE_INT, 1080,
                                     NULL);

to_sample = gst_video_convert_sample (from_sample, caps,
GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE, &err);

I have verified the width and height are 1920 x 1080 as they are set in the
camera, so I am asking gst_video_convert_sample to crop it to 1440 x 1080

But when I render this frame in Android it is 1024x768:

val bmp = BitmapFactory.decodeByteArray(copyBuf, 0, copyBuf.size)

I have also tried using something simpler like:

caps = gst_caps_from_string("image/bmp")

But in that case I get 1024x576.

Any input would be appreciated!  I am kind of stumped.

thanks,

Scot