GStreamer: problems with seek and mux operations

Bellaccini, Niccolo niccolo.bellaccini at verizonconnect.com
Fri Feb 11 16:16:22 UTC 2022

Hi Stephane,

Thank you very much for the reply. I will surely take a look into
gst-editing-services
as soon as possible.
I have tried to run the basic pipeline using the nleurisource element but
it does not work for me because my installation doesn't have the NLE plugin
on my GStreamer installation (I installed GStreamer on Ubuntu 20.04
following the instructions here
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/installing/on-linux.html?gi-language=c
). Is there still the NLE plugin?
I will try in the meanwhile to search about it or maybe to download,
compile and install the plugin by myself; and just for information, is
there anything similar to the nleurisource element which takes into account
multiple files like the splitmuxsrc element?

Best regards,

Niccolò

On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 3:58 PM Bellaccini, Niccolo <
niccolo.bellaccini at verizonconnect.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to write a pipeline that reads a video from a source file,
> seeks on that video and finally writes the seeked video to a local file.
> I used filesrc, decodebin, filesink and a muxer (like matroskamux or
> mp4mux) as GStreamer elements.
> I noticed that with some muxer, like matroskamux, the seek operations (as
> gst_element_seek_simple(...) method) fails and no seek is performed on
> the final video. Instead, If I use for example another muxer (like mp4mux
> or avimux) the seek on the final video is performed but this one results
> not playable by any media player (since in practice is saved as raw data
> not as video).
> Am I missing something? Do you know if is it possible to seek on a video
> read from filesrc and save the seeked video (in playable format) on local?
>
> I also send you in attachment the code I'm using for this task in case it
> could be useful.
> Thank you,
>
> Niccolò

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL

VERIZON CONNECT CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message is intended for the addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination, reliance upon or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete this message. Thank you.