stuttering

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Feb 20 01:33:47 UTC 2022

> On 20 Feb 2022, at 1:13 am, David Ing via gstreamer-devel <gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> wrote:
>
> > How do I build a specific release eg 1.20
>
> This changed during 1.19.
> 	• Before 1.19, you would use the gst-build repo.
> 	• After 1.19, you would use the monorepo https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer.  You would check out the specific branch (e.g. 1.20) or tag (e.g. 1.20.0) and follow the build instructions on the main readme.md.
> > How do I get the x264 plugins
>
> Many components (like x264) are only built when the relevant libraries are installed on the build machine.  Here is an example of preparing a Fedora machine (version 31 or higher) to install all relevant libraries:
>
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/-/blob/1.20/ci/docker/fedora/prepare.sh
>

> 1) how do I build a specific release eg 1.20

Hidden deep down

<quote>
Building plugins with (A)GPL-licensed dependencies

Some plugins have GPL- or AGPL-licensed dependencies and will only be built if you have explicitly opted in to allow (A)GPL-licensed dependencies by passing -Dgpl=enabled to Meson.

snip

x264 (H.264 video encoder plugin based on libx264)
</quote>

James