Investigating memory leak

Michael Gruner michael.gruner at ridgerun.com
Sun Feb 20 21:20:27 UTC 2022

Hey Pieter

At a first glance, your app looks fine to me, but here’s a couple of tips I use to hunt for leaks.

You may want to give the leaks tracer a try and see if there are any orphan gobjects left behind:

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/coretracers/leaks.html?gi-language=c

Note that you’ll need to add gst_deinit() to your code and that the tracer will only detect leaks by GStreamer objects not unreffed.

For a more generic leak check you may use Valgrind. Here’s a guide on how to use Valgrind with GStreamer applications:

https://developer.ridgerun.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Analyze_GStreamer_with_Valgrind

Michael
www.ridgerun.com