Small memory leak on cairooverlay

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 20:10:00 UTC 2022

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 11:00 PM José Carlos Cazarin Filho via
gstreamer-devel <gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> wrote:

> Hello! I wrote a simple program that runs the cairooverlay plugin and then goes into a fakesink.
>
> The draw callback just does a dummy drawing on the screen and returns.
>
> I’ve run the program for one and a half hour, and I could see the RES field being reported by the top command increasing slowly during this time.
>
> It started at 12484 and now it is at 30340.
>
> This is running in an embedded target. Is this a know bug of the cairooverlay plugin?

No, this is not a known issue, and it might be a leak in Cairo itself.
Please install debug symbols for cairo, pango, glib, and gstreamer,
then run this pipeline under valgrind with this suppression file[1]
and report the results here after running it for a few minutes.

1. https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/-/raw/main/subprojects/gstreamer/tests/check/gstreamer.supp

Cheers,
Nirbheek