RTP streaming/tunneling over Internet

Jeff Shanab jshanab at jfs-tech.com
Thu Feb 24 21:41:31 UTC 2022

A somewhat tricky technique i have used is first use tcp from inside the
firewall to clientpc this is a long poll. Return command to play in the
long poll response.
I was doing video from a camera. I then used rtsp to connect and get SDP
from camera, which I sent, tcp, to a port on the client.
This incoming connection was "Hijacked" The port now used from the client
side, with a new, normal rtsp session. Just reach down thru the firewall on
the already established session from inside the firewall, and pulled the
video.

This was first seen on SERCOM cameras ;-)