Custom element that will implement the flv mux logic

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Jan 21 14:42:28 UTC 2022

Le jeudi 20 janvier 2022 à 10:51 +0000, Roman Lupin via gstreamer-devel a
écrit :
> Hello!
>
> My question is about using of GStreamer for RTMP streams.
>
> Could you please explain how to create a custom element that will implement
> theflv mux logic ? I need to add a custom field to flv mux in order to be able
> to pass a timestamp or some other useful information there.
>
> Do you know existing forks on github with such implementations or any other
> examples ?

If LGPL suites you, you can fork of the existing muxer ?

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/-/tree/main/subprojects/gst-plugins-good/gst/flv

What I would do though, is see if I can add some callback to the existing muxer,
that would let me modify the AMF, or add more AMF blocks where needed. I could
even think that AMF utilities could be made, similar to RTP packets utility, so
you could implement custom messages for your custom stream server. After all,
RTPM is just an IPC using AMF to communicate.