Encapsulating text in RTP stream

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Wed Jul 6 23:17:47 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 6 July 2022 10:37:49 PM AEST Manuel Wagesreither via gstreamer-
devel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For scientific purposes I'd like to send a video stream together with
> textual data over an RTP stream. The textual data amend the visual stream
> and contain information such as X, Y coordinates of points of interest.
> Thus, they need to be in sync with the video.

You could consider using KLV as metadata stream. That is common in the
military context - see https://nsgreg.nga.mil/misb.jsp

If your annotations are in pixel space, consider ST 0602.

If your points of interest are in geographic space, consider ST 0903 or
possibly ST 0806.

Note that gstreamer can't demux synchronous metadata, but you could try
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/-/merge_requests/1312

Brad