gstreamer and gnuradio

rouba zeitoun roubazeitoun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 10:40:47 UTC 2022

Hello,

I am currently working on a project that consists of sending live stream
video from one SDR to another with GNURadio. I am also using Gstreamer to
create a pipeline between 2 computers.

Unfortunately, I am repetitively facing the same problem where after 30 sec
a message pops up

" WARNING debug information: gstbasesink.c(2902): gst_base_sink_is_too_late
():
/GstPlayBin:playbin/GstPlaySink:playsink/GstBin:vbin/GstXvImageSink:xvimagesink0:

There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow "

and the receiver stops receiving the video. I tried decreasing the bitrate
which allowed longer sending time but it still stops after a while.

What advice can you give me to solve this problem?

the commands i used on terminals are:

for Tx: gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device="/dev/video0" ! videoconvert !
x264enc tune=zerolatency bitrate=300 ! mpegtsmux ! filesink
location=video1.ts

for Rx: gst-play-1.0 video3.ts