High CPU usage decoding 4K 60fps video

Bilel Bghiel bilel at scentronix.com
Tue Jul 26 10:46:00 UTC 2022

Is it possible for you to use hardware acceleration? I'm using an 8th
generation Intel CPU, which VAAPI was made for. The avdec_h265 can be
replaced by an vaapih265dec.
Vaapi plugin:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/vaapi/index.html?gi-language=c
I think there's also other libraries for non-Intel hardware, but I'm not
sure about that.