rtspsrc stops receiving data (pipeline stall)

Eslam Ahmed eslam.ahmed at avidbeam.com
Wed Jul 27 06:48:04 UTC 2022

Hello,

I generated an rtsp stream using gst-rtsp-server at 4K resolution H265
@30FPS from a video file.
This stream is then relayed again via another gstreamer relay service and
mounted on a new shared endpoint.

When I run a deepstream pipeline with that stream pulled 8 or more times
via rtspsrc, the pipeline works for a while then all the rtspsrc(es) stop
receiving data yet I ran another gst-launch process to stream the relayed
stream to check the stantity of the input stream and it continued
working/streaming even when the other pipeline stalled.

I figured that the rtspsrc stopped receiving data via a pad probe callback
installed on the rtspsrc's sometimes/dynamic pad. The pad probe callback
simply stopped getting called. I also printed the graph during that time
and found nothing fishy. I am using a fakesink with the sync property set
to false.

What else should I be on the lookout for?
I appreciate your help in advance!

Best Regards,
Eslam Ahmed