Notes on rpicamsrc

Abu Abdullah falcon.sheep at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 15:51:48 UTC 2022

Hi,

in the main index
(https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/rpicamsrc/index.html?gi-language=c)
it is saying that mjpeg streaming is supported where it is not i
believe (only image/jpeg is supported):
```The element can output video in form of raw video frames or encoded
as (M)JPEG or H.264 video```
if this is the case, it is better to correct it. i wish that MJPEG
video will be supported in a future release

another note about this annoying bug (about Camera capture timed out):
https://github.com/thaytan/gst-rpicamsrc/issues/80

I have solved it as suggested there by increasing the time out to
1500ms in RaspiCapture.c, can we have such a workaroud in the main
code now in gst

finally thanks for this plugin, i hope you will continue the great
work on it. I found it the only way to generate mp4 output seamlessly
as it generates the timestamp (PTS) where the normal raspivid cannot
do it. in addition it provides me with the lowest latency so far and
less overhead on the CPU compared to the normal raspivid/gst