Frames are not output correctly

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 07:40:09 UTC 2022

I am doing something similar for ages (switching in the compressed domain),
based on an I-Frame (and SPS/PPS).

When using different cameras, you need to make certain that you have the
new SPS/PPS before switching based on an I-Frame. If you have 'the same'
cameras, make certain that  your configuration is the same so they generate
the same (or compatible) SPS/PPS (though that is not a fault tolerant
implementation).

After switching, you need to call

gst_bin_recalculate_latency(GST_BIN(self));

It should result a feed that is free of hiccups

.From what I can tell, your SPS/PPS corrupts your video until you get the
new one in the video feed.

--
g. Marc