Screen capture. Optimizing performances on my pipeline.

Davide Perini perini.davide at dpsoftware.org
Wed Jun 8 12:34:34 UTC 2022

Hi all,
I have a pipeline this:

d3d11screencapturesrc monitor-handle={0} ! d3d11convert ! d3d11download

using these caps:

video/x-raw(memory:SystemMemory),width=3840,height=2160,sync=false

This pipeline captures the screen using Windows DDUPL API thank to the
gstreamer "d3d11screencapturesrc"
and then return the captured frame with a callback to my program.
If I capture in 4K at 60FPS it copies 60 frames per second into memory
and this is quite heavy.

Is there a way to optimize it?
I only need to get the color information of some portion of that frames
(top border, bottom border, right border, left border).

Is there a way to optimize this pipeline?

Thanks
Davide