Using GES to transcode a video file with a huge frame gap, output is unexpected

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Thu Jun 30 00:50:43 UTC 2022

I am using GES to transcode a video file with a huge frame gap.  I am using
GES (instead of a simpler solution) for other reasons beyond the scope of
my question.

So basically I created a GES timeline with a clip of the input file.  What
happens is that GES displays blackness during the huge frame gap.  I was
hoping it would display the final frame (just before the gap) for the
entire duration of the gap.

My questions are:

   - Why does GES display blackness?
   - How can I make it display the prior frame instead?