failed to allocate memory error on pipeline

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Mar 4 13:48:38 UTC 2022

Le vendredi 04 mars 2022 à 13:56 +1300, Nathan Sinclair via gstreamer-devel a
écrit :
> I am running the following command as part of a pipeline that grabs the video
> stream from stdout, flips and displays it using framebuffer (because we're
> using pi zero without gui)
> gst-launch-1.0 fdsrc ! video/x-h264,framerate=25/1,
> stream-format=byte-stream ! decodebin ! video/x-raw,framerate=25/1
> ! videoflip method=vertical-flip
> ! videoconvert ! fbdevsink
>
> https://pastebin.com/MZf7cKHL
> This has the verbose debugging of the pipeline.
> We are using a pi zero without gui.
>
> Is this failed memory error a known issue? is there a work around?

I believe you should find a matching kernel trace (dmesg) if my guess is
correct. But you might be running low in CMA memory.  Typically you are hitting
this:

https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/3861

I'm not sure how that is done technically on your distro, but passing cma=512M
to your kernel command line will likely fix it.